Monday, December 22, 2008

Fear.. distance.. love... loss

As the battle neared an end , he called. I was still there. Why hadnt he called earlier? He said he couldnt have handled it. "Would have called 20times". Fear.
As death haunted the city, mobile beeped. sms. "u r a part of me... a part i never to see". why on the night when dangers lurks around me? Distance. Fear.
She called. Screamt. anger... evident even through metallic gadgets. "Why do you have to be there? Why can't others cover the event?" Love. Distance. Fear.
Hundreds dead. Millions shaken. Property worth crores destroyed. I learnt.. they still love me.
Those who will never say it anymore. Those who don't want to. Those who never felt the need to say it.
Those loved by me. Those betrayed by me. Those forgotten by me.
It was a time that brought us together. For an instant. A day. A weekend. Enough for life.
But why?
They thought they might lose me. Fear gripped. Distances didnt matter. Love threatened to overpower.
But wasnt i lost long time back?

2 comments:

Saahil Kapoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saahil Kapoor said...

sad i missed this, better late than never . . . . u can't lose what you don't have